- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. This information includes information that you provide by filling in forms on the website and records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers and messages sent via website), if you contact us. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our website.
- To contact you when necessary about use of the services or to send periodic emails.
- We may use your information for other legitimate interests as a business, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our website, products, services marketing, and your experience. We may use and store the information we collect in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. We use reasonable care to protect your personal information provided by you to our website. We will periodically review and modify, where appropriate, its information security policies and procedures. While we have in place security policies and procedures that seek to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access of your information, we cannot guarantee that the Internet is a secure medium.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These companies may use information about your visits to our website and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about products and services of interest to you. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
What are your privacy rights?
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. Please note, however, that we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law permits California residents to request and obtain from us information about categories of personal information (if any) we collect and disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we share personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us by mail at Empowered Endings, Attn.: California Privacy Rights, 541 S Granados Ave, Solana Beach, CA, 92075 or by email at email@example.com.
Below, we have summarized the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under data protection laws are:
(a) Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You. You have the right to confirm as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Please note that we are not required to:
- Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained
- Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information –or–
- Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period
(b) Right of Disclosure of Personal Information Sold, Shared, or Disclosed for a Business Purpose. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information or sharing of your personal information for the purpose of targeted behavioral advertising. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, we will refrain from selling or sharing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the sale or sharing of your personal information. In connection with any personal information we may sell, share, or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared –and–
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose. We currently do not sell any personal information for any reason.
(c) Right of Correction. If we maintain inaccurate personal information about you, you have the right to request us to correct that inaccurate personal information. Upon receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information.
(d) Right to Deletion. Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records and;
- Direct third parties to whom the business has sold or shared your personal information to delete your personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is reasonably necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us
- Help to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of the consumer’s personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with an existing legal obligation –or–
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information
(e) Right of portability. You have the right of portability, which allows you to request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. This empowers you to securely transfer or move your data to another data controller of your choice, where technically feasible.
Protection Against Retaliation. You have the right to not be retaliated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA/CPRA. This means we cannot, among other things:
- Deny goods or services to you
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you –or–
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services